This program solves for a user input old and new right ascension (RA), declination (DEC), prime meridian (PM), and rotation rate (OMEGA), and updates the landmark center locations and map frames, and the spacecraft position, camera unit vectors and Sun unit vectors in all relevant files.
DATA/ - directory containing SPICE kernels.
INIT_LITHOS.TXT - initialization file which contains the parameter PCK, which defines the planetary constants for a variety of objects (such as Bennu or the Sun). This is required for SPICE function calls.
LMKFILES/ - directory containing .LMK files.
LMRKLIST.TXT - list of landmarks.
MAPFILES/ - directory containing MAPFILES.
NOMINALS/ - directory containing the NOMINALS.
PICTLIST.TXT - list of pictures.
SUMFILES/ - directory containing the SUMFILES.
The required directories and files must be in the working directory.
Unlike pole, new_pole does not require POLE.TXT. Instead, you input the pole RA, Dec, PM, OEMGA, via standard input.
1. Input the old right ascension (deg), declination (deg), prime meridian (deg), and rate of rotation (deg/day).
enter old RA, DEC, PM, OMEGA 86 -65 89.00000000 2010.48945
2. Input the new right ascension (deg), declination (deg), prime meridian (deg), and rate of rotation (deg/day).
enter new RA, DEC, PM, OMEGA 86.60062 -65.00002 90.42707 2009.99979311
3. Input a time in UTC.
Make sure the time is within the span supported by the kernels.
Input epoch UTC0 2018 NOV 16 13:09:54.824
- Updates the landmark center location (VLM), and map frame (UX, UY, and UZ) in the LMK files;
- Updates the .MAP files;
- Updates the spacecraft position (SCOBJ), camera unit vectors (CX, CY, and CZ), and Sun unit vector (SZ) in the SUMFILES;
- Updates the spacecraft position (SCOBJ), camera unit vectors (CX, CY, and CZ), and Sun unit vector (SZ) in the NOMINALS.
Outputs the commands required to run GEOMETRY.
Here is a sample output GEOMTERY commands:
GEOMETRY 10 1 n n
new_pole generates a POLE.TXT file in which it records the new RA, DEC, PM, and OMEGA.
Here is a sample POLE.TXT:
86.60062 -65.00002 90.42707 2009.99979311
(Compiled by DL)